The Friends of Chicksands Priory

The Osborn Family
Stacks Image 131
Twelve generations of the Osborn family have been associated with Chicksands from 1576 to the present day. Eight of these have enjoyed the hereditary title of "Baronet of Chicksands Priory" since it was bestowed on Sir John Osborne, 11th Feb. 1661.

Although each Baronet made some contribution to the estate, the 3rd and 4th made dramatic changes to the Priory itself. Since the Priory became Crown property in 1936, the Osborn connection has continued since the Friends organization was founded and the respective successors to Sir Algernon Osborn, 7th Baronet have been our patron.

Please have a look at the different galleries that will give you a glimpse of the the Priory as it was in the time of the Osborns, the Baronets, and their family members, the Household and when it was used as a Convalescent home in WWI for wounded soldiers.
Below are the last of the family portraits, of Sir Danvers and Sir Richard Osborn.

Sir Danvers the 8th Baronet left Chicksands Priory when he was 6 years old, his father Sir Algernon the 7th Baronet sold the Priory in 1936 to The Crown.

Sir Danvers died in 1983 and he is succeeded by his son Sir Richard who is the Patron of The Friends of Chicksands Priory.
Stacks Image 313
Sir Richard Osborn 9th Baronet
Stacks Image 314
Sir Danvers Osborn 8th Baronet
Title
Title
Title
Title
Title
Natural World RapidWeaver theme by ThemeFlood